Visits to our Class Page

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentines' Day!

Love is in the air and paint is in our classroom!  We finished our transportation unit by painting shirts and now red and pink are everywhere!   And....yes the paint does come off!


We'll end this week with making valentine bags, sharing our valentines and treats.
NO SCHOOL on Monday, but we will continue next Wednesday learning about our Flag and our President!   We may even have to cast a vote to see  if Yancy Yak talks too much or Umbrella Bird.   
We'll have to graph this out for our Math activity.  
They love the crafts, but we have been doing so much more!  We have been writing many times at our centers with wipe off boards, letter sticks, colored pencils (these have been a hit and teach good grip).   We also have been measuring and doing some addition in Math.   Being done going through the alphabet sounds, I decided to try an experiment.   We learned to sound out "at" and all the "at" words:  cat, mat, sat, fat, rat     I was surprised how they caught on to the concept!  (More about sight words and reading next session)  The first part of reading is learning those sounds!
I journaled with the children and we mailed our own letters..shh.....
We've been working on journaling and I love hearing their stories!  They have begun to ask me to write their stories.   This is great for language development and I value journaling in my teaching to prepare for reading.  This shows our words and stories can become print.
Ask your child about our puppet show with the zoo phonic puppets.  I have a video but can't seem to get it to link here : (
I hope you all have a great Valentine Day.....maybe mom and dad will get out on their own?


No comments: