Visits to our Class Page

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

First Day-Winter Session '14

A Day to Meet New Friends!  The children had a great time just getting to know each other.  I have four previous students and four new ones!  Welcome to Kalaya, Saira, Olivia and Cole!   This is such a sweet group of children and we are going to have some great fun this session.
Each child will have a small book that I will "journal" their stories in.   I collect writing samples, drawings, pictures, etc.  and they will come home at the end of the session.   We worked on writing on Monday and they did very well.    At circle time we began our phonics with letter A -Allie Alligator and B- Bubba Bear.  We are learning some sign language and the color words in Spanish.
Counting, Days of the Week, Months and book reading too!   Of course, it is most important to find out who the special helper is.  : )
I will be sending home a special Science project on Friday that you and your child can help me with.
We will be setting up a Science center next week.
Please as always, let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you to all who are bringing in snacks for us.


No comments: