Visits to our Class Page

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

We Love U Mother Earth!


The Earth Is Good was our book today as we learned about how to take care of our Mother Planet!  We made our earth by painting and gluing, did dot painting for a later project ; ) and watercolored.
A workday of ART!

 
We played games using recyclables at the festival and sorted trash into bins by cardboard,
 bottles/plastic and paper!   You all must recycle because they were very good at this!

We saw various animals like the bunnies, baby pigs!

   

The armadillo has a very hard shell and curls up when you hold him!

Mr. Wallaby was  cute and fuzzzy!


We learned about other kinds of moths, butterflies and even ones
that disguise themselves as leaves or bark.  This was awesome since we had just 
finished our unit on the life cycle of the butterfly.

Miss Angela did it again with a fun snack for us!  Thank you!

Our readers are making great progress and we all still need to practice at home!
I will be trying to get the readers as far as they can go before the end of the session.
Summer practice will be important to keep up those reading skills.  The Southwest Regional Library has a wonderful FREE reading program for children where they read and earn prizes!  Be sure to sign up!  Did you know your child can have his/her own library card?

Today Grandma Moe (my mother) stopped by and read the book to us.   I am an avid reader due to my mom reading to me so much as a child.  My favorites were Dr. Suess (especially one called "Come on Over to My House" about children from different countries)  and those Nancy Drew thrillers.  I really never learned to swim well because I was the kid laying out under the big tree in the backyard  reading the summer away.  The bookmobile came to my neighborhood every other week and I read as many as I could.   Reading is the biggest gift you can give to your child!  It evokes imagination,  a love of learning and a lifetime of growing.

No comments: